Jul 07, 2022
CHEM& 110 Chemical Concepts w/ Lab (5 credits)
Distribution Area Fulfilled Natural Sciences with Lab; General Transfer Elective
Formerly CHEM 105-CCN
The relationship of basic chemical concepts to issues in modern society will be discussed. Intended for non-science majors.
1. Relate fundamental chemical concepts to real world problems.
2. Discuss how chemistry impacts their daily life.
3. Describe physical phenomena on a molecular level.
4. Describe the structure of matter.
5. Relate energy changes to changes on a molecular level.
6. Relate physical and chemical properties to the periodic table.
7. Describe how and why atoms come together to make molecules.
8. Demonstrate how chemical data is acquired in a laboratory setting.
9. Connect laboratory experiences to real world applications.
10. Practice standard laboratory safety precautions.
11. Communicate the results of laboratory work.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)