Mar 20, 2023
CJ 102 Introduction to Criminal Law (5 credits)
Formerly CJ 105
Basic introduction to the elements of criminal law and justice in the United States.
1. Explain the origins of criminal law.
2. Distinguish between criminal law and tort law.
3. Given a scenario, analyze criminal justice statutes.
4. Distinguish between the criminal liability of various parties to include but not limited to:
* Accessory before the fact
* Accessory after the fact
5. Analyze the use of force by criminal justice officers and civilians.
6. Distinguish appropriate use of various criminal defenses.
7. Determine the advantages and disadvantages of the various sentencing schemes used in America with emphasis on Washington State.
8. Given a scenario, predict the legal outcome of where constitutional rights conflict with the need for public order.
9. Distinguish various levels of crimes against persons and use levels of crime against property.
10. Examine, then support personal beliefs about the law through the use of scholarly research.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)