Dec 03, 2022
DRMA 167 Digital Movie Making III (5 credits)
Distribution Area Fulfilled General Transfer Elective
Formerly THTR 167
Prerequisite DRMA 166 with a grade of 2.0 or better.
This is an advanced class in making movies using the digital format. Story telling, filming, editing, and presentation will be covered.
1. List and explain the requirements for a digital film script
2. Develop a schedule and storyboard for a digital film.
3. Design a digital video workstation.
4. Analyze and describe videotape formats.
5. Design effective lighting for digital film.
6. Demonstrate the use of appropriate set dressing for digital film.
7. Demonstrate the use of special effects in digital films.
8. Incorporate the use of effective sound techniques for digital film.
9. Compare and contrast editing systems for digital film.
10. Incorporate the use of effective editing techniques for content and story.
11. Design effective color correction for image enhancement for digital film.
12. Compare and contrast digital outputs based on purpose and media requirements
13. Produce a fifteen-minute digital video for an educational, social, or professional organization.
14. Produce a sixty-minute digital video demonstrating skills learned from all the outcomes.
15. Identify the socio-cultural factors influencing intercultural communication as they relate to digital
16. Demonstrate effective use of time/cost/space management.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)