Dec 07, 2022
ENGL& 237 Creative Writing II (5 credits)
Distribution Area Fulfilled Humanities; General Transfer Elective
Formerly ENGL 232 - CCN
Writing short stories.
1. Identify and employ structure and plot in a piece of fiction
2. Utilize good writing techniques including grammar, mechanics, syntax, and organization
3. Identify and employ theme in a piece of fiction.
4. Identify and utilize dialogue in a piece of fiction
5. Analyze the use of character and point of view in a piece of fiction
6. Identify and develop voice in individual writing.
7. Recognize various genres of fiction
8. Identify and employ description, images and sound in a piece of fiction.
9. Evaluate fiction for literary quality.
10. Express specific criteria for evaluations of quality
11. Explain process of submitting fiction to journals.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)