Dec 01, 2023
ENGL& 238 Creative Writing III (5 credits)
Distribution Area Fulfilled Humanities; General Transfer Elective
Formerly ENGL 233 -CCN
1. Write original poems utilizing a variety of techniques.
2. Identify and employ enjambed and end-stopped lines.
3. Identify and employ sound devices, such as assonance, alliteration, and rhyme.
4. Analyze the use of form in a variety of poems.
5. Apply various formal devices, such as stanza form, repetition, line length.
6. Identify and employ various patterns of syntax and diction.
7. Describe basic patterns of meter.
8. Use a variety of rhythmic patterns.
9. Analyze the relationship between form and content in various poems.
10. Identify and employ basic tropes, such as metaphor and simile.
11. Create an effective process for revision and apply it to original poems.
12. Explain the process of submitting poems to journals.
13. Evaluate poems for literary quality.
14. Express specific criteria for evaluations of quality.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)