May 28, 2023
KREA& 122 Korean II (5 credits)
Distribution Area Fulfilled Humanities; General Transfer Elective
Formerly KREAN 102 - CCN
Prerequisite KREA& 121 with at least a 1.5 grade or instructor permission.
A continuation of KREA& 121, with a focus on speaking, reading, writing, and understanding the Korean language.
1. Demonstrate mastery of Korean 121 course content with increased levels of speed and accuracy.
2. Identify when to use Sino-Korean and when to use native Korean numbers when talking about age, weight, height, social security number, driver license number and telephone number.
3. Question classmates to determine their daily schedules.
4. Use “don’t” and “can’t” to discuss individual interests and skills.
5. Describe community activities as depicted in pictures.
6. Respond to questions regarding daily activities, such as taking a taxi, buying clothes and telling time.
7. Demonstrate the ability to use informal verb forms when speaking to friends and peers, while using formal verb forms when speaking to seniors, parents and superiors.
8. Use Korean vocabulary to describe cashing a check, counting money.
9. Use at least five Korean direction words to provide directions to a specified location.
10. Describe the Korean use of lunar and solar calendars, and how this results in two Korean birthdays.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)