May 26, 2022
IE 043 Intensive English Listening & Speaking 4 (6 credits)
Listening/Speaking 4 is for students with advanced second language abilities. Students will study advanced Listening/Speaking concepts in a sheltered classroom setting. Students must reach 80% competency overall in order to pass to the next level.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to perform the following outcomes at an advanced language level:
1. Use and explain appropriate register for different audiences and purposes.
2. Recognize figurative language and idiomatic expressions.
3. Give speeches or presentations on academic topics which utilize reputable research sources.
4. Retell details and identify main points by paraphrasing and summarizing.
5. Identify the topic and specific details of advanced listening material from selected sources.
6. Take detailed notes on advanced listening material.
7. Pronounce advanced vocabulary, phrases and sentences intelligibly.
8. Identify advanced vocabulary and organizational cues in listening material.
9. Communicate information and ideas effectively and clearly, and respond personally and critically.
10. Examine situation, audience and purpose and interact with sensitivity and respect.
11. Recognize bias and perspective.
12. Distinguish fact from opinion.
13. Actively participate in class discussions, interviews, group activities and pair work.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)