COLLG 110 College Success (3 credits)
Students foster self-efficacy by reflecting on and modifying learning strategies, and applying holistic decision making toward personal, academic, and work goals.
A. Career research
B. Education planning
C. College services and resources
D. Information competency
E. Reading strategies and practices
F. Learning strategies
G. Holistic assessment preparation
H. Note taking
I. Fixed and growth mindsets
J. Brain plasticity
K. Metacognition and metacognitive reflection
L. Time management
M. Social capital
N. Communication and interaction with the college community
O. Small group and collaborative learning
P. Utilizing syllabi
Q. Personal interests, values, skills, and strengths
R. Goal setting
1. Assess and reflect on interests, values, skills, and strengths in order to continually explore and affirm an education and career pathway.
2. Navigate and use college resources and services in order to pursue personal, academic, and career goals.
3. Implement study strategies and self-monitoring habits in order to comprehend, retain, and apply learning.
4. Engage with peers, instructors, and college community in order to build intercultural relationships that foster personal, academic, and career success.
5. Assess and develop self-efficacy in order to support success.
Global Citizenship: Graduates will be able to critically examine the relationship between self, community, and/or environments, and to evaluate and articulate potential impacts of choices, actions, and contributions for the creation of sustainable and equitable systems.
Lecture Contact Hours 30
Lab Contact Hours 0
Clinical Contact Hours 0
Total Contact Hours 30
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)