This transfer degree ensures that a student who completes the Associate in Business – DTA/MRP degree will have satisfied the lower division general education requirements and lower division business requirements at the baccalaureate institutions.
This articulated degree for the business major is specific to public institutions; however, since the degree follows the statewide articulated DTA and is designated in the title on the transcript, it will be accepted for admission to private institutions in the same manner as any other DTA-based degree.
This degree can be earned in one of three ways. In addition to the traditional classroom-based format, students can also earn the degree online or through our new competency-based education program.
Online Associate in Business - DTA/MRP Degree
In order to meet the changing needs of our students, Pierce College now offers the Associate in Business – DTA/MRP degree entirely online. The requirements for the online degree are the same as the traditional program, but with added flexibility. Students enroll and complete classes during the traditional academic quarters.
Competency-Based Business Transfer Degree
The Associate in Business – DTA/MRP degree can also be earned through Pierce’s Competency Based Education (CBE) program, which is completely online and self-paced. Students work through competencies, taking advantage of prior experience in work or life where appropriate. There is a formal application to the program and students enroll in six-month terms. Along with instructors, a completion coach is dedicated specifically to assist students with progress toward the degree. Many of these courses will make greater use of free or low-cost textbooks available to students online. For more information, visit www.pierce.ctc.edu/dept/business/competencybasedprograms or email email@example.com.
General Degree Requirements
- Minimum of 90 earned credits in courses numbered 100 or above
- ENGL 101 English Composition I - required
- COLLG 110 College Success required during the first or second quarter of attendance
- Earn the lesser of (at least) 20 college level credits or 25% of the credits applicable to the degree or certificate at Pierce College
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- Minimum grade for business major-related courses is a 2.0. These courses are denoted on this degree sheet by an asterisk (*)
- 1.5 grade (C-) or better for all other Core Requirements unless stated otherwise
- “Pass” (P) grades, independent study and cooperative work experience/work-based learning credits may be used for general elective credits only
- Once a course has been successfully completed, credits earned may be used in only one category