The Associate in Math Education DTA/MRP is designed for students who want to become secondary math teachers. The courses offered within this focus meet the lower division requirements of Washington state four–year institutions. Students are encouraged to work closely with a faculty advisor in selecting, planning and completing educational goals, and should coordinate with the institution to which they intend to transfer.
General Degree Requirements
- Minimum of 90 earned credits in courses numbered 100 or above is required to complete the AA-DTA degree. The 90 credits must include at least 60 Core Requirement credits, 15 General Transferable Elective (GTE) credits, and 15 General Elective credits.
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I - required
- COLLG 110 College Success required during the first or second quarter of attendance
- Earn the lesser of (at least) 20 college level credits or 25% of the credits applicable to the degree or certificate at Pierce College
- Cumulative college-level grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher is required
- 1.5 grade (C-) or better for all Core Requirement and GTE courses is required unless stated otherwise
- “Pass” (P) grades, independent study and cooperative work experience/work-based learning credits may be used for general elective credits only
- Once a course has been successfully completed, credits earned may be used in only one category