Pierce College’s Music Department offers a transfer degree for students wishing to complete the first two years of study leading to a baccalaureate degree. As part of the Associate in Music DTA/MRP student take two years of music theory and ear training, one year of keyboard instruction, and quarterly lessons and participation in ensembles. The cornerstone of our Music Department is our vocal and instrumental performing groups, including Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, Concert Band and Orchestra. Throughout the year, these groups perform in a variety of settings, from our quarterly concerts on campus to various events in the community and tours.
General Degree Requirements
- Minimum of 90 earned credits in courses numbered 100 or above is required to complete the AA-DTA degree. The 90 credits must include at least 60 Core Requirement credits, 15 General Transferable Elective (GTE) credits, and 15 General Elective credits.
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I - required
- COLLG 110 College Success required during the first or second quarter of attendance
- Earn the lesser of (at least) 20 college level credits or 25% of the credits applicable to the degree or certificate at Pierce College
- Cumulative college-level grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher is required
- 1.5 grade (C-) or better for all Core Requirement and GTE courses is required unless stated otherwise
- “Pass” (P) grades, independent study and cooperative work experience/work-based learning credits may be used for general elective credits only
- Once a course has been successfully completed, credits earned may be used in only one category